Pattern of Violations Final Rule Issued 1/23/2013
The Final Rule became effective 60 days after it was published in the Federal Register.
The MSHA link is: http://www.msha.gov/POV/POVsinglesource.asp
In essence the rule:
(1) eliminates the PPOV process;
(2) Allows MSHA to rely on "issued" citations rather than those that have become final;
(3) Establishes general criteria for identifying mines with a pattern of S&S violations;
(4) Once under POV, each S&S citation will constitute a withdrawal order until abated;
(5) Allows conferences to discuss S&S citations, consistent with current policy;
(6) Provides for expedited temporary relief proceedings once an operator receives a POV notice; and
(7) Considers effective implementation of an MSHA-approved corrective action program to be a mitigating circumstance in POV review.
(Highlighting by $afepro)